COVID-19  Policy


 

Please read for the latest updates:

From today Monday 23rd March, 2020 we have made the very hard decision to delay the opening of both the Glamping and Campsite. 

 We have not come to this decision lightly but feel as though now is the time to be staying in with our loved ones rather than encouraging any activity that could put ourselves, our team and all of our wonderful campers at risk. 

 The Prime Minister’s announcement tonight (Monday 23rd March at 8.30pm) made it clear and further reinforced it will not be possible to open the campsites as we had intended at the start of April. Current Government advice allows only essential travel, which excludes travel to camp sites.

 At this time, we are delaying the opening of the glamping and campsites until at least Monday 6th July 2020. We will of course be updating this as the situation with Covid-19 changes. However it seems likely we may need to extend this opening date further. 

 We appreciate all our campers’ and glampers’ support and are thankful for your understanding.

 

 Following on from the government’s guidance on social distancing in relation to COVID-19, people should avoid travelling unless it is essential.

 Who this guidance is for

 This guidance is for people planning to visit second homes or holiday premises during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.

 Essential travel does not include visits to second homes, campsites, caravan parks or similar, whether for isolation purposes or holidays. People should remain in their primary residence. Not taking these steps puts additional pressure on communities and services that are already at risk.

 

Stays between 1st April – 4th July 2020

 We will be moving bookings or issuing credits to those who have booked stays between these dates. Credit notes will be valid for 18 months, so although we hope to see you this season we can of course accommodate you next year. Please fill in the below form if you have a stay booked within these dates. 

Stays after 1st June 2020

 Please do not panic if you have a stay after this date. We will ask you to keep your booking as it is for now but will of course update you with any changes as things move along. We are hoping that we’ll be opening by this date but of course will measure this realistically, consider the Government’s advice and update you in due course. 

 At this stage, due to the evolving situation we are unable to process changes or cancellations to these bookings.

 

Our policy explained – survival of a small business

 Waenfechan Glamping & Camping is a small business operating a small glamping and campsite with modest margins. The majority of our expenses are incurred prior to a camper’s arrival. Most of the remaining expenses occur irrespective of a camper’s stay. We have been advised that our business insurance does not cover this unusual and unprecedented set of circumstances we find ourselves in. In response to the situation we are opting to move stays or provide a camping credit for guests affected by the coronavirus. We have taken this action as we believe it is fair minded and will allow us to survive into the future. 

We trust our campers have travel/holiday insurance to personally cover any losses in the case of cancellation. It is with regret that we, as a small business, cannot not provide you with insurance or cover in full any of your financial losses. 

I do hope you understand our circumstances. We remain committed to our staff and guests.  We will work towards opening the campsites at a later date and to provide beautiful settings to ‘escape on a little adventure’ – needed even more in these times.  

Thank you for all of your support – together we will move forward to a brighter future.

Stay safe.